Proud FLEGA member HOWEST DAE, Thomas More and MediaNet Vlaanderen welcome you to Virtual Reality Check 2017, a seminar on new VR/AR and 360° video. An afternoon filled with insightful presentations and hands-on workshops will show you the potential of these new technologies and help you understand how they can benefit your company.
The main menu of the seminar is served by the organisers, who will present the interim results of their research projects, respectively Sector Innovating Virtual & Augmented Reality by Howest and 360 Zone by Thomas More.
After the theory it’s time to go hands-on with workshops on storytelling with 360° video and VR training or by absorbing the experience of the case studies presented by, among others, VRT, City of Antwerp, Reality Matters and FLEGA members PreviewLabs and Bazookas. Before going home there’s a network event where you can meet new business partners to kick-off new projects.
Here’s the schedule in full detail:
- 12.30 Onthaal
- 13.00 Introduction by Howest & Thomas More
- 13.10 Virtual & Augmented Reality: Hype or Serious Business? – Keynote Coen Sanderink
- 13.30 Presentation on the results of Flemish user research – Thomas More
- 13.50 What business models do 360° and VR offer? – Thomas More
- 14.10 Interactive Virtual and Augmented Reality for Flemish companies – HOWEST
- 14.40 Break – VR/AR fair
- 15.15 Workshops: Storytelling for 360° video, VR training, demo space. Parallel sessions with case studies by Around Media, VRT, Panobirds, Yume, City of Antwerp, BUT, VIU, Sagility, Reality Matters and last but not least FLEGA members PreviewLabs and Bazookas.
- 17.00 Network event
- 18.30 End
Virtual Reality Check 2017 will take place on Tuesday October 3 at Thomas More Mechelen. Admission is € 85. You can sign up for the event here. FLEGA members can use the promo code “FLEGA” at checkout to enjoy a € 20 discount. You’re welcome!