It’s highly motivating to see that our Flemish game developers keep stringing together one amazing performance after another.
- We can keep talking about Larian’s ongoing succes of Divinity: Original Sin 2 (and we will), but the achievement of Bart Bonte may be even more impressive. Last week, his free puzzle game Yellow won third place at the prestigious Google Play Indie Games Contest. The bronze medal nets him € 75 000 on digital marketing credit, a ticket to Google’s I/O conference in San Francisco and increased visiblity on the Google Play Store. The victory is also great advertising for the recently released sequel Red.
- So, about Larian. Not only do the awards for Divinity: Original Sin 2 keep pouring in (their not being nominated for a GDC awards being a sore oversight), the game also did some serious business. According to a report by SuperData the role-playing epic was the number nine premium pc game in terms of revenue in 2017, generating a hefty 85 million dollar and securing Larian’s future for many, many moons to come.
- Meanwhile, Cybernetic Walrus are fast becoming indie darlings, bagging audience awards at full speed with Antigraviator. The latest one was won earlier this month at the Indie Garden Assembly in Valenciennes, next up is the nomination for the Gamer’s Voice Award at the SXSW Gaming festival in Austin, Texas.
- Our own space pirates i-Illusions are currently in Las Vegas, where Space Pirate Trainer is up for the D.I.C.E award Immersive Reality Game of the Year. Keep an eye on our social media on Thursday to find out if they emerged as winners.
- And today (hot off the press!) God As A Cucumber released their official launch trailer for No Way Out. Check it out right here!
There’s never been a better time to join our beautiful industry and there’s currently a lot of opportunities to do so.
- Pajama Llama Games are looking for a Gameplay Programmer without hydrophobia to keep Flotsam afloat.
- Leap Forward is hiring a bunch of talent, including creative developers and visual storytellers. You might end up working on a cool project like Journey for Elysium!
- PreviewLabs is expanding once again and wants to hire a new game prototyping programmer.
- Bazookas wants to reload with a bunch of new people. Go and pay them a visit. Preferably on a Friday, when they order pizza.