Have you heard of the Media Innovation Program yet? It is a research and development program set up by iMinds Media and IWT that brings smart and innovative media ideas closer to the market. Their technologic research expertise, project management and funding offer you every opportunity to develop your media idea into a promising Proof of Concept.
What do they offer?
Before your project’s start:
- Access to the ideal project partners
- Set-up of a trial pitch
- Coaching to write your full proposal
After the start of your project:
- Funding from IWT
- Technology expertise from our Media Lab
- Day-to-day project management
- Support on administration and communication
Who can participate?
The program stimulates collaboration between at least two partners from the broad media sector, who start a project together.
The call is open to:
- Flemish and Brussels-based businesses (SMEs and large companies)
- Knowledge institutions (universities and university colleges)
The project proposal must be submitted by a Flemish entreprise.
What’s the procedure?
The procedure is short and easy. As a candidate, you will go through these phases:
- Step 1: Write an detailed description of your idea (extended abstract) and submit it on the call deadline (24 March) at the latest.
- Step 2: On 30 March you are welcome to pitch your idea in front of the iMinds Media jury, counting a number of experts from the broad media sector. Based on your pitch, the jury will decide to accept your project proposal, or not. This phase takes no longer than a few days.
- Step 3: Upon approval of your abstract, you will need to submit a full proposal by 29 April.
- Step 4: The final decision by IWT follows an oral presentation of your full proposal in front of the IWT jury. If approved by the IWT, your project can take off. A ‘no-go’ decision flags the end of the procedure.
The deadline for the first call of 2015 is 24 March. If approved, your project can start on 1 August 2015, you can start on 1 May at own risk.
The deadline for the second call will be in June.
Get inspired by Povidence, a project that was already approved for these subsidies.