Yes, we can be very proud of our Flemish Games Industry. Revenue is growing year after year. More and more people are working in our industry, more and more games are being released. But let’s not forget we still have a long way to go. Wanna know how are colleagues in Sweden are doing? Check out their games industry report 2014 containing 2013 figures and facts.
Some key highlights:
- Revenues of Swedish game developers increased by 76 percent to EUR 752 million in 2013.
- The majority of the companies are profitable and the industry has reported a total profit for five years running.
- Employment increased by 29 per cent, or 567 full time positions, to a total of 2,534 employees.
- The proportion of women increased by 38 percent, compared with 27 percent for men.
- The average annual growth rate (CAGR) 2006-2013 is 39 percent.
- 30 new companies have been added, which, after deducting the companies that have dissolved, amounts to 170 active companies – an increase of 17 percent.
Congrats to our Swedish colleagues!