Play a game. Get a beer. That’s the only two rules you need to remember when visiting Dutch Courage meets Belgian Beers, our GDC pre-mixer co-organised with Dutch Game Garden, Dutch Games Association and Flanders DC. 15+ showcasers from the Netherlands, Flanders (Belgium) and their friends showcase their newest games.
Here’s a quick look at the line-up of Flemish game studios:
- Flying in straight from SXSW, where they compete for the Gamer’s Voice Award, Cybernetic Walrus is bringing Antigraviator, the gorgeous lovechild of F-Zero and WipeOut, for everyone to marvel at.
- Developer duo Pepijn Willekens and Karel Crombecq started a new studio called Pepkarijnel Industries and are showing off their debut, a mobile puzzle game called Boa Bonanza.
- One of the newest FLEGA members LeapForward invites you to try out their new VR storytelling experience Journey for Elysium (more details later this week!) and talk to them about their plans for a new gaming conference in Belgium they plan to organise in early 2019.
- DAE Studios wants you to look at some of the new stuff they’ve cooked up recently. So recently in fact, we don’t have any more details on what they will show.
- HOWEST wants to live up to their reputation of best game school in the world by showcasing some work of their most promising students.
- Last but not least, Bazookas is bringing some cool client projects that are definitely worth checking out.
Want to kick off GDC with a bang? Sign up for a night of fun, games and drinks here.
The first hour of the showcase, VIP’s such as press and publishers, get early access. Shoot us an e-mail if you think you should be on the VIP list and please tell us why. If everything checks out, you’ll get a promotional VIP code you can use when signing up.
You can expect a lot more GDC news in the coming weeks. And who knows: we still might have a surprise or two up our sleeves…