In your mind, a deadline in 2024 might seem far away but it isn’t. Creative Europe launched a new call to support video games and immersive content development and you have until January 24th 2024 to get your submission in. Whispers of experienced studios told us you need quite a bit of preparation time to get your submission right so don’t procrastinate of you’d like to get a chance at securing these funds. After passing an eligibility test, the video games will be judged by independent experts on overall quality, relevance, project management and distribution. Final results will be announced in June 2024.
Creative Europe Media call at a glance
- What? An EU funding call to support videogames, XR and audiovisual content development on any digital platform (pc, consoles, mobile, AR/VR…)
- How much? There’s a total budget of € 7 million. Grant applications are maxed out at € 200.000 and the contribution can’t exceed 60% of total development costs
- For whom? Applicants must be located in Europe and the production or development of video games, entertainment software development or audiovisual productions should be their main activity
- Applicants need to have released an eligible videogame on the market between 01/01/2020 and 1/3/2022
- What projects? Eligible projects require a strong narrative component and must have a commercial drive
- You can submit online until January 24th 2024 17:00 CET
- You’ll know whether or not you receive funding in June 2024
- Read the full blown application call here
- Questions about the Creative Europe and the funding call? Contact Jeroen Verhaeghe
Good luck (and start prepping in time ;-))!