We’ve been talking about our trip to Cologne for what seems like an eternity now, but it’s finally going down next week. Can you tell we’re excited? No? WE’RE EXCITED! Belgian games will be everywhere at gamescom so here’s a final summary of everything you need to know about #BelgianGamesIndustry at gamescom.
The HQ of Belgian awesomeness will be the Belgian games booth in Hall 4.1 B050. It’s being built as you’re reading this and the first sneak peeks look nothing short of amazing. For more information on the participating studios on the Belgian games booth, you can check out the Belgian games website.
There’s also a lot of Belgian games available for everyone to play at the entertainment show floor. Overall, 30 Belgian companies will strutt their stuff on one of the biggest stages in video games, so we couldn’t be more glad with that result.
Here’s the full list of participating Belgian companies and where to find them:
- Graphine – Hall 4.1 B050
- Cronos Interactive – Hall 4.1 B050
- 1UP Conference – Hall 4.1 B050
- Bazookas – Hall 4.1 B050
- God as a Cucumber – Hall 4.1 B050
- LuGus Studios – Hall 4.1 B050
- Black Land Studio – Hall 4.1 B050
- Fishing Cactus – Hall 4.1 B050 / Hall 10.1 A020
- Rablo Games – Hall 4.1 B050
- Apocalypse Hunters – Hall 4.1 B050
- Adshot – Hall 4.1 B050
- Fire Falcom – Hall 4.1 B050
- Slidenjoy – Hall 4.1 B050
- DAE Studios – Hall 4.1 B050
- PreviewLabs – Hall 4.1 B050
- Gameeleon – Hall 4.1 B050
- App Tweak – Hall 4.1 B050
- Studio Waterzooi – Hall 4.1 B050
- OneBonsai – Hall 4.1 B050
- Triseum – Hall 4.1 B050
- Technobel – Hall 4.1 B050
- Guillaume Bouckaert – Hall 10.1 A020
- Pajama Llama Games – Hall 10.1 A020
- eXiin – Hall 10.1 A020
- Glowfish Interactive – Hall 10.1 A020
- Cybernetic Walrus – Hall 10.1 A020
- Crazy Monkey Studios – Hall 10.1 B074
- Larian Studios – Hall 6.1 B040
- i-Illusions (only on August 21 around 11 AM) – Hall 7.1 A021
Phew! This line-up is sure to make you thirsty, so if you haven’t already done so, sign up for the biggest Belgian Beer Cafe yet, taking place on August 21 from 5 PM at our booth. Refreshing drinks and great games are but a few clicks away. Incidentally, our booth is also a MeettoMatch meeting point, so invite your business contacts over as well!
The drink will also be the final stop of the visit of Flemish Minister of Culture, Media, Youth and Brussels Sven Gatz and the Brussels-Capital Region Secretary of State for Foreign Trade Cécile Jodogne. Their delegation will tour the koelnmesse all day long to get a better understanding of the video game world and they will check in with their region’s studios at the Belgian games booth. They’ll give a short speech around 5.20 PM so who knows they’ll have one or two neat announcements to make.
As always: a warm thank you to the wonderful people at Flanders DC, who turn gamescom into an essential experience. They couldn’t do that without the valuable support of Digital Wallonia, Brussels Invest and Export, Screen Brussels, VAF Gamefonds, WALGA, Creative Europe and ADN. Thank you all!