Summer’s slowly creeping up on us and that means the big gaming fairs are around the corner again. E3’s already breathing down our necks and after that it’s straight on to gamescom.
We don’t want to spill all the beans quite yet, but suffice to say we’re hard at work to improve on our majestic presence of last year. If you were floored by the size of last year’s #BelgianGamesIndustry booth, don’t act surprised because it’ll be even bigger (168m²!) this year. Bigger booths equal more people so that means we’ll have to stock up on larger amount of beers when the traditional #BelgianBeerCafe returns on Tuesday August 21.
So yeah, we are ready for gamescom 2018. But, gamedev, are you? If you’re not quite sure how to bring your A game to the trade show, you should definitely attend our Expert Day: Prepare The Fair, taking place at the Start It @KBC campus in Brussels on June 20th. We’ve conjured a stellar line-up of speakers who will supply you with practical tips to get the most of your trip to Cologne.
After Flanders DC has outlined more practical info about the Belgian booth at gamescom, Bruno Urbain (Fishing Cactus) will headline the event with a keynote talk on how to prepare the perfect video game pitch. Afterwards you’ll dive deeper into different subjects during smaller 45 min roundtable sofa sessions. You get to pick two out of these sessions and the choice will be hard, as they’re all equally interesting.
- Eline Muijres (Dutch Game Garden) will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about PR
- Twitch streamer Mathia Koolhout will explain how to use influencer marketing and social media to gather a crowd
- Ben Lavery (The Trailer Farm) will teach you how to make a stunning game trailer.
If your thirst for knowledge still isn’t satisfied by then, you can also book our experts (see Eventbrite link for more details on our experts) for a one-on-one meeting. Not in the mood for a tête-à-tête? No problem! Just stick around and have a chat with the other participants over a drink and a snack.
Here’s the full program:
- 12:00-12:30: Lunch (included)
- 12:30-12:45: Update on gamescom by Natascha Rommens (Flanders DC)
- 12:45-13:25 Keynote session on Pitching by Bruno Urbain (Fishing Cactus)
- 13:25-13:40: Short break
- 13:40- 14:25: Sofa Session 1 (personal choice)
- 14:30-15:15: Sofa Session 2 (personal choice)
- 15:15-15:30: Short break
- 15:30-18:00: 1-on-1 meetings / drinks / snacks
At € 25, including lunch, drinks and snacks, this event is a total steal, so sign up now.
A warm thank you to the wonderful people at Flanders DC, who are once again doing a great job of turning gamescom into an unmissable experience. This also wouldn’t be possible without the valuable support of Digital Wallonia, Brussels Invest and Export, Screen Brussels, WALGA, Creative Europe and ADN. Thank you all!