Do you have an idea/IP you want to transform into a game? Are you open to a collaborative co-production with a Dutch game studio? We might have that little financial push for you. Read on to know more.
Flemish Minister for Media Dalle has made available €500,000 a year -for the next four years- for new initiatives that stimulate co-production between Flemish and Dutch creative teams. Besides podcasts and series, the support scheme also applies to games that are co-developed by Flemish and Dutch teams. The support scheme is handled by VAF Gamefund in collaboration with the Dutch Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie.
In addition to the creative inspiration co-production offers, there is also a financial incentive for Flemish and Dutch teams working together on a game. As the project is developed in two countries, both VAF and the Stimulation Fund can offer financial support.
Not sure whom to partner up with? No worries: supply and demand are brought together on a dedicated MeetToMatch page so you can browse through the profiles in search of a good match.
Some important things to keep in mind:
- Core creative tasks must be fulfilled by both studios. This means a balanced distribution of important roles such as game director, technical director, lead narrative, art director, game design lead, etc.
- A work-for-hire construction is not eligible.
- The collaborating teams must share IP, or at least split the project’s revenue based on each studio’s share of the work put into the project.
- Applications can be made for three different types of games: entertainment, artistic and serious games (excluding educational games).
- The maximum amount for an application is €75,000 ex VAT.
- Like all other support from VAF Gamefund, the contribution is an interest-free loan that studios must repay, only after they have deducted their own financial contribution, sweat equity and any other payment obligations from the income.
Application deadline is August 23.