VAF Gamefonds has just announced the results of their most recent call. This was the first call under the new management agreement and as such the commissions received entries for both artistic, entertainment and educational games. The commission for artistic and entertainment games is also happy to see that previously supported game projects are already applying for promotion support.
Here are the projects that made the cut.
- Meynen Studio received € 25.000 for Please, Do Touch The Artwork (artistic game)
- Bombardel Industries received € 75.000 for Boa Bonanza (entertainment game)
- Stacka received € 75.000 for Replaceable (entertainment game)
- Happy Volcano received € 15.000 for Ridder Muis (entertainment game)
- Curious Cats was the first studio to pitch their way through the first ever VAF Gamefonds hearing, securing € 119.475 for Bulb (educational game), a charming puzzle game that teaches children about electrical circuits.
- Triangle Factory received € 50.000 to promote their mobile trivia game SWITCH (entertainment game)
- Happy Volcano received € 40.000 to promote their narrative adventure game The Almost Gone (entertainment game)
Congratulations to the studios that secured funding. We hope you’ll be able to use the extra resources to craft some truly wonderful game experiences or to get your project noticed internationally.
The next call will be on September 24. Though open to all categories, we especially urge those working on educational and serious game projects to submit their projects. You’ve also got a few more days to apply for a VAF Wildcard, so get cracking!