As this horrendous year keeps advancing, VAF|GAME has released the results of the second call of the year – the first one after COVID-19 hit so we weren’t really sure what to expect. It was a pleasant surprise then for the commissions that our local studios are still very much dreaming up new and exciting game projects.
Let’s a take a quick look at the games that made the cut this time around:
- Cybernetic Walrus received € 75.000 for Autumn (working title) (entertainment game) a new narrative VR experience helmed by Douglas Boswell
- Mantis Games received € 70.000 for Deck of Haunts (entertainment game)
- Happy Volcano received € 40.845 for Ollie (entertainment game), a new adventure based on the Lunanime IP.
- COW Studios received € 20.000 for Ordinary Heroes (entertainment game).
- Creative Concepts gets € 130.560 to make The Journey Home (entertainment game), an atmospheric puzzle platformer about a near-death experience.
- Salty Lemon Entertainment gets € 149.298 to turn EXR: Rowing (serious game) into the best indoor rowing sim you ever worked out on.
- Glowfish Interactive gets € 40.000 so Trifox can create an impression that lasts just as long as the classic platformers that inspired it.
- Warcave gets € 34.155 to make their turn-based strategy RPG featuring 17th century Dutch mythology Black Legend truly legendary.
Congratulations to everyone involved. To participate in the final call of 2020 you’ll have to travel through time as the deadline was 6th October. Stay tuned for the results of that one and the submission deadlines for 2021.