Looking for funding? There are several EU funding opportunities for game developers. The next call for Creative Europe will open in the spring of 2015. But in the mean time you can check out the Horizon2020 call (deadline 17.12.2014).
- What is it? Horizon 2020 SME Instrument for ICT
- Who can use it? Game developers with ambitious, but high risk ideas
- Any SME having a sound, ambitious, potentially disruptive but high risk innovation in their hands that is based on technology demonstrated in industrially relevant environment and that has a potentially “fast market up-take”
- How much funding is available? In phase 1, 50 000 € for a feasibility study taking 6 months; in phase 2, from 0,5 to 2,5 million “for bringing an innovation idea to industrial readiness and maturity for market introduction” taking from 12 to 24 months. Funding from phase 1 is not required to get funding from phase 2.
- What is the funding rate?
Phase 1: a lump sum
Phase 2: 70% (/100%) +25% indirect costs
- Other key requirements?
Only for-profit SME’s, only one SME per proposal
A list of up to five relevant publications, and/or products, services (including widely used datasets or software), or other achievements relevant to the call content is required
A list of up to five relevant previous projects or activities, connected to the subject of this proposal is required
- Deadline? Phase 1 & 2: 17.12.2014
- For more information visit: