The final haul of the year is usually the smallest and so it was no different in 2020. The commission serious and educational games approved promotion support for the very first time, showing that it’s not just all about the entertainment or artistic games.
But we’re getting ahead of ourselves. Let’s take a look at the final projects that managed to secure VAF|GAME funding this year.
- Cybernetic Walrus received € 58.390 for Lulela VR (artistic game) a unique crossover between theatre and VR technology.
- They also secured € 40.000 for VR-Kuub (link in Dutch – educational game), a game where students aged 12-13 need to help their classmate that’s trapped in a VR cube.
- New kid on the block CON- gets € 40.000 to craft a new story driven horror experience called Ivy Likes Stories (entertainment game)
- And another first timer Pixnami secures € 55.789 to create The Last Wish (entertainment game), a unique take on the zombie VR shooter.
- Slappy Inc, a brand new studio founded by DAE graduates, have received € 109 659,19 to turn their Epic MegaJam winning project Slappy Board (entertainment game) into the next social VR craze.
- SAY IT Labs received € 49.989,90 to promote their voice controlled speech game Fluency Friends. Because you know, € 50.000 is just to easy to pronounce.
- Language Hero by Linguineo also received € 50.000 in promotion support. Merci beaucoup!
And that’s a wrap! VAF|GAME is all out of money for this year. But don’t worry, there’s a fresh shipment coming in soon, and the first submission deadline for 2021 is 26th January. Good luck and see you next year!