If you already are an adept user of our event calendar, you’ve probably seen that there are some interesting events and submission deadlines ahead. For those who don’t (you’re doing it wrong!), here’s a quick look at what the games industry has in store for you in the coming months.
- EGX is taking place in Birmingham from September 20 until September 23. The show always hosts a great mix of AAA and indie, but forget there’s also the GamesIndustry.biz investment summit.
- Back in little old Belgium, GameForce opens its doors on October 13-14. There’ll be quite some Belgian talent on the show floor, but we’ll have more on that later.
- DreamHack Winter, starting November 30, doesn’t sound like the place to be for indie developers, but you’ll feel right at home at the Indie Playground. You might even score a free booth if you submit your game before September 28
Last but not least: another round of important submission deadlines coming up!
- September 17 is the final day to submit for a VAF Wildcard.
- September 29 is the deadline to enter the Bett Awards, celebrating educational technology in London.
- You want to submit before October 1 to participate in the Ludicious Awards (Zürich) or become part of the imec.istart program.
- You can also start submitting your game for the 2019 IGF Awards from October 1 – December 31.
If you want to help shape the calendar and add an event of your own, please mail us the event name, a short description, date, time and location and we’ll put it up on the board.
Adding events to your calendar is super easy. Simply hover over the event and click on “See more details” to add a specific event to your Google Calendar. Love us so much that you want to subscribe to the entire calendar? Then copy this ICAL link into your scheduling application of choice (Outlook, Apple Calendar, Google Calendar…).