For those of you who haven’t heard about Courage XL: it’s the best pre-GDC showcase event in San Francisco, organized by our Dutch friends and supported by our partners FIT and AWEX. Taking place on the eve of GDC23 (Sunday 19th of March), it’s a laid back way to get warmed up before the GDC madness breaks loose on Monday.
The concept is pretty simple: play a game, get a beer. You’ll receive some drink tickets via your registration that you’re able to hand out to people that have played your game. Before we throw the doors open for video game enthusiasts from the world over, there’s an exclusive VIP hour for press and publishers. Better warm up those elevator pitches!
Participating in CourageXL means
- a spot to showcase at the best pre-mixer of GDC23
- being part of a curated selection of about 30 game studios
- a bar table and power socket all set upon your arrival
- showcasing or play-testing your game for over 500 visitors from the industry
- 10 drink tickets to hand out
- being included in a “Meet the Devs” mailing, targeting over 4000 contacts
- all warmed up to pitch for the rest of the week
- Only 6 spots available in the BelgianGames area so don’t wait too long
Have a look and feel of last year’s vibe👇🏻
Returning to the awesome nightclub The Great Northern, CourageXL has been a sold-out event in recent years. We expect it to be no different this time, so securing your showcase spot will be a valuable addition to your GDC experience. Don’t wait to sign up as places are limited. Deadline for registration: February 5th.