The world of games is rapidly changing, but there’s still some certitudes in life. Take GDC for example: the largest gathering of game developers on the planet will once again take place in San Francisco next year from March 16 to March 20. For the fourth consecutive year, Flemish organisations with a heart for games are pulling their weight to launch as many Flemish game devs as possible across the ocean, and make sure they make the most of their week. Click here to register for your space at the booth (link in Dutch).
We already announced this at the end of last year’s conference, but in case you forgot: Belgium will have a united presence on the expo floor this year. Combining our efforts will result in a grander booth in the South Hall of Moscone, next to big players like Sony which is sure to boost visibility.
Exhibiting spaces are extremely limited, so if you are a Flemish game company that wants to have the best shot at presenting your products or services during the biggest professional games event in the world, you’ll need to act fast (link in Dutch). Participation guarantees you the following:
- your own exhibiting space (approx. 6 m²) with a table and two chairs, locker, personal branding, a shared welcome desk and shared closed-off meeting room (booked through a schedule shared with other Flemish participants)
- an unlimited supply of (good) coffee and soft drinks
- 4 Expo staff passes, 3 Expo Plus passes (attend Expo and a few other events) and 1 Single Session pass (attend 1 conference session for free)
- a one-time 25% discount on a separately paid conference ticket of your choice (GDC All Access, GDC Conference+Summits or GDC Conference and please note that this package does not include conference tickets)
- access to GDC Connect and Meet2Match to schedule meetings upfront
- your company name and logo in GDC exhibitor database
We’re well aware that the trip across the Atlantic is expensive and that San Francisco isn’t the cheapest place on earth to spend the night, but keep in mind that Flanders Investment & Trade can offer you a refund for 50% of your travel & accommodation costs. Please make sure to fill out the necessary paperwork (link in Dutch) in advance to do so.
There’s also a cool showcase event in the works, but we’ll have more details to share at a later time. All that’s important now is securing your place on the booth as soon as possible.
If you’re still on the fence about joining: the importance of GDC is increasing every year. Just check out these impressive numbers or go talk to one of the many participants of previous editions to find out why it’s the best place for your company to do some serious business.
The presence of the #BelgianGamesIndustry at GDC20 wouldn’t be possible without the joint effort of these organisations with a heart for games. Thank you FIT, AWEX, Flanders DC and VAF/GAME.