The Belgian Game Awards are back! The next celebration of the best our beloved #BelgianGamesIndustry has to offer will take place on October 1st. Where’s that party going down, you ask? Wherever you want it to be!
That’s right, since it’s hard to predict what events will look like at that time, the organisers are opting for an all-digital award show. But rest assured: we’re going to bring you all the virtual pazzazz you’ve come to expect from this wonderful event.
Eager to follow in the footsteps of previous award winners like Larian Studios, I-Illusions, or Fishing Cactus? Great, but let’s take it one step at a time.
- The first thing you’ll want to do is submit your game before the 19th of May. It’s free of charge and there’s no need to sign up for a specific category. That is for our esteemed judges to decide.
- If you want to compete for Best Studio or Most Promising Startup Studio, please use this specific form. These prizes will be awarded by Flanders DC who will contact the participants after the initial submission.
- Please make sure that you have read and understood all rules and criteria. You can also check all award categories on this same page.
- After you’ve submitted, there’s a little time for praying and offerings to the video game god of your choosing, as nominees will be announced halfway through June.
- Judges will spend the summer playing the lucky few and debating who’s deserving of the fabulous trophies.
- The winners will be announced during the award show on October 1st.
It’s going to be well over a year since the previous award ceremony, so it’s only apt there’s more awards than ever before. There’s a brand new award (Most Promising Startup Studio), returning favorites (Most Anticipated Game of the Year, Student Game of the Year, Best PC/Console Game of the Year) and later we’ll also open voting for eSports awards as well as our coveted Audience Award (but more on that later). Everyone is getting a shot. As long as your game isn’t in breach with the rules and criteria, we’d love to take a look at your submission!
In conclusion: if you’re a game company based in Belgium that’s released a game, product or service during this crazy period and you feel like you could totally crush this, please direct your gaze this way and enter the competition. And who knows, when you make it back to the office, there’ll be one (or more) shiny new trophies waiting for you!
This celebration of #BelgianGamesIndustry success wouldn’t be possible without the valued support of co-organiser Flanders DC, FLEGA, WALGA, hub.brussels, Cronos Interactive, Belgian Esports Federation, VAF|GAME, Wallimage Entreprises and Speel Het Slim / Jouez Malin.