At the risk of coming across like Jimmy Wales from Wikipedia: dear members, we’d like to have a minute of your time.
As you know, we at FLEGA take great pride in what we do. It’s an honor to work with and for so many talented individuals who are as passionate about video games as we are. We get tremendous satisfaction out of seeing our games industry flourish. Even though we’re not directly involved with game creation, every success story, no matter how small or big, makes us feel like we were able to help out in some way.
To quote a silly Bryan Adams song: everything we do, we do it for our members. And we wouldn’t be able to do any of this without the help of our valued sponsors and partners. You know who you are!
Here are some of the cool things we already accomplished for our members and some of the amazing projects that are still in the works.
- Discounts on a lot of local and international game events, such as GDC, GameForce, 1UP Conference, Cartoon Digital, SETT and many more.
- Organisation of a government mission to San Francisco for GDC 18, resulting in a lot of positive media coverage for our local industry.
- Shared booths at gamescom in Cologne and GDC 19 in San Francisco.
- Various info and coaching events focused on funding, pitching, marketing, business development, IP protection, copyrights law, fiscality, followed by informal drinks to expand your network.
- Ongoing lobby on a national (together with WALGA and ScreenBrussels) and international (as part of EGDF) level to get better government support (tax shelter is still on the table) for our industry.
- Regional lobby resulting in a new policy from Ministers Gatz, Muyters and Bourgeois that brought in much valued support from Flanders DC and significantly increased the budget of VAF Gamefonds.
- Extensive international communication about the goings on in our local industry through the FLEGA blog and social media channels, primarily our near endless tweetstorms to our almost 1500 followers.
- Good press contacts resulting in exposure in national mainstream newspapers (De Morgen, De Standaard) and tv journals and shows (VRTNWS, Ketnet, VTM, KanaalZ)
- A second edition of the Belgian Game Awards coming on February 15 2019 as part of 1UP Conference
If you appreciate the work we do and you want to (keep) enjoy(ing) the many advantages and discounts we offer to our members, we’d love to welcome you (back) to the FLEGA family next year. Memberships start from January 1 and invoices will be sent out in the course of January.
Thank you for being a part of the FLEGA family this year. Happy holidays to everyone and we hope to see you very soon.