It’s hard to approach a game industry legend. Even if you muster the courage to overcome your initial fear at standing face to face with one of your personal heroes, they mostly are shielded away behind a PR wall the size of the Iron Curtain.
That’s why the upcoming series of AMA (Ask Me Anything) interviews on Reddit, set up by the creators of the stellar game documentary Moleman 4: Longplay, is rather special. For those who aren’t familiar with the concept: you gather in one big chatroom on Reddit with the interviewee and can ask any question you like. Others can upvote your question (or vice versa) but the interviewee decides what questions he’ll answer and in what order.
Here’s the line-up of industry people that will be taking questions:
- June 23rd, 2018 – 7 PM: Steven Sargent, experienced producer at Warner Bros., High Moon Studios and Capcom
- June 27th, 2018 – 7 PM: László Szenttornyai, project manager and designer of SEGA cult hit Ecco The Dolphin
- July 3rd, 2018 – 7 PM: Chris Taylor, lead designer of classics like Total Annihilation, Supreme Commander and Dungeon Siege
- July 7th, 2018 – 4 PM: Robert Stein, the man who introduced Tetris to the Western world and helped shape the games industry as we know it
- July 9th, 2018 – 7 PM: Dominic Wheatley, CEO of Eidos at the time the company unleashed Tomb Raider on the world
- July 12th, 2018 – 7 PM: David Bishop, producer/designer on *deep breath* Dune, The 7th Guest, Disney’s Aladdin, Plants vs. Zombies, Peggle and Bejeweled
The threads get opened 10 minutes before the answers start pouring in and sessions will last for about an hour. Sign up for the newsletter to get a useful reminder before each session.
It’s not every day you get the chance to literally ask these experienced developers anything you want, so don’t miss out on this unique chance.