VAF (Flemish Audiovisual Fund) (link only in Dutch) has announced the members of this year’s assessment committees (entertainment and serious games / compulsory education). Most of the members have been active on the committees for years, but a few new names have been added to the list as well. We’ve summed up all of the members below, including a tidbit of information about their background with games.
Assessment committee entertainment and serious games:
- Nico Verplancke: Director of VIAA (Flemish Institute for Archiving) at iMinds
- Bas Van Berkestijn: Shareholder Funkyfish, Soepel, Woedend!; founder W!Games
- Zuraida Buter: Playful Culture Curator, Women in Games NL, Global Game Jam
- Laura Herrewijn: Phd Student at the University of Antwerp (speciality gaming)
- Youri Loedts: Creative Strategist at Seven Productions, former video game journalist
- Peter Van Draenen: Project Manager / Producer at Atlantis Games BV
Assessment committee compulsory education:
- Jeroen Bourgonjon: FWO Research Fellow
- Steven Ronsijn: Director at Sint-Lievencollege
- Jan De Craemer: Assistant to the Director at Ministry of education
- Rik Leenknecht: Owner at Electro Mandel
- Anissa All: PhD Student at IWT
- Marinka Copier: Game research, education, design
We would also like to remind you that VAF is hosting a showcase event in Brussels (location TBC) on April 27 to show off some previously funded projects (link in Dutch only). The people behind VAF will be there and of course FLEGA will be present as well. You are more than welcome to join us at the event. More information will follow soon.