VAF wants to appoint four independent media professionals (m/f/x) to join the Board of Directors. This could be an excellent opportunity for our local games industry to put their mark on the future policy of the audiovisual sector.
To be considered for the position of independent board member you should display the following criteria. You can read the small print here (link in Dutch).
- General management expertise and a broad professional network.
- Next to a specific interest in the audiovisual and cultural world, you also have specific professional knowledge. VAF is looking to strengthen its board with a range of directors that have complementary skills to the current board members. Candidates are asked to show off their professional expertise in one of the following domains:
- games industry
- creative and innovative audiovisual technologies (AR/VR, web creation…)
- distribution, production or financing of audiovisual productions
- higher audiovisual education
- intellectual rights
- You need to prove your independence and aren’t allowed to have any links with the government, VAF or federations supported by VAF.
You can apply for this position until February 20. Please direct your candidacy at the current Chairman of the Board and make sure to include your resume, a signed declaration of honour concerning your independence, a summary of your other mandates and activities as well as a motivation letter.
The new independent board members are expected to be announced in the first half of March.