The lovely people over at VAF|GAME have just announced the results of their latest funding call. There’s more funding support than ever before, so it’s good to hear that the first funding call of the year had a record turnout. With the overall quality bar still rising, that also means more projects that didn’t make the cut.
In the end, no less than 10 exciting new video games managed to secure funding, so let’s get to it.
- In a first for Belgium, Flemish studio Business Goose Studios and Brussels based RamRam Games receive € 75.000 to co-develop the poetic musical adventure 30 Birds (entertainment game), which you may remember as the Most Promising Game at the 2020 Belgian Game Awards.
- That same amount goes to VR company AlterEyes for further development of their first consumer VR game Big Shots (entertainment game).
- You get € 75.000! And you get € 75.000! Everybody’s getting € 75.000! At least, the all-women development team creatively led by sisters Sine en Imge Ozbilge behind narrative VR experience The Curator (artistic game) is.
- Daedalus The Toymaker (entertainment game) is an ambitious multiplayer VR escape room created by VR Twins, who are getting € 39.404 to tackle a mountain of challenges.
- After many years, Pajama Llama Games returns from open sea. They’re getting € 75.000 to start creating their next adventure Coven (entertainment game).
- Nachtvlam is the new company of solo developer Ibe Denaux. He’s getting € 22.200 for art- and AI-fueled deck builder Verses of Enchantment (artistic game).
- Banzai Studios receives € 200.000 for VR roguelite shooter GAZZLERS (entertainment game), which feels like a cross-over between the fast-paced action of Borderlands and the whackiness of Minions.
- Fabrique Productions is getting € 63.781 to unleash the adventures of their succesful animation IP Ridder Muis (entertainment game) on mobile and pc.
- Finally, eXiin will be able to unleash its inner beast with € 150.000 funding for their next game Tamed (entertainment game).
- Oisoi is getting € 50.000 to paint their impressive VR painting studio Painting VR in the prettiest light possible.
Congratulations to everyone who received funding. There’s no need to despair if your application wasn’t succesful this time. There’s four calls this year instead of the regular three, so new chances are just around the corner. Literally, as the next deadline is, well, today. If you’re not ready, you can already prepare for the deadline after that which will be on 14th of June. Good luck!