MCV has published a fascinating fact file on the games industry in The Netherlands on its website. For your convenience we have summarised the article in a few bullet points:
- The Netherlands is the 16th largest games industry in the world, generating a total revenue of $433.2 million (€394,27 million) last year (source: research firm Newzoo).
- The biggest proportion of the market is occupied by ‘serious’ games, such as training, educational and simulation titles.
- Social games see the most regular use among consumers, with 43% of gamers playing such titles daily.
- A fifth of Dutch gamers regularly invest in additional virtual in-game content. More than a third (35%) have purchased such content at least once.
- Games consoles see the least regular use; just one in ten gamers play on console every day.