Game development is a time consuming and costly affair. Protecting your IP is paramount but it’s not always as straightforward as it looks. You can learn more about the subject during two events organised by the fine people at Flanders DC, Innovatiecentrum en Agentschap Innoveren & Ondernemen.
- Protection@Lunch (link in Dutch), takes place on March 5 in Leuven from 11.45 – 15.00. Here’s what to expect:
- During the first part of the session, lawyers from IP Hills will focus on the legal aspects of protecting your IP
- Next up an accountancy expert from Vandelanotte will talk about two fiscal rulings that can be of financial interest to software developers
- Price: €40
- Sign up here (link in Dutch)
- Expert Day brands, models and patents (link in Dutch) takes place on March 8 in Antwerp. From 09.00 – 17.00, you can make an appointment with one (or more) of the following IP experts for a one-on-one talk of 40 minutes.
- Nico Deconinck is an IP specialist of the federal government that can tell you everything about protecting your IP through a patent
- Bruno Vanderschoot of BOIP will be able to tell you if your name or logo can be protected as a brand
- Caroline Merckx of Flanders DC has plenty of hands-on experience with IP and the creative industries
- Femke Mortier of VLAIO (link in Dutch) can screen your organisation and advise on how to improve your IP protection
- Bert Reekmans of Innovatiecentrum (link in Dutch) will give you the when and what of protecting the IP of your innovations
- Price: Free
- Sign up by sending an e-mail: please specifiy your contact information, which expert(s) you’d like to talk to and if you prefer a morning or afternoon session
For more questions on either of these events you can directly contact Flanders DC by mail.