There seems to be no end in sight for the love between investors and Belgian video games. Hot on the heels of ForsVC announcing their investment in our proud member Cyborn (link in Dutch), there’s yet another fund that wants to invest in your video game studio: INVIGA.
All you need to know about INVIGA
- New video game investment fund with a focus on the European video games industry
- A € 10 million budget for a total of five investments, three of them in Belgium
- They offer both seed capital, Series A, and Series B funding
- Investments between € 100k and € 5 million through minority stakes
- First closings in April 2022
- An expert incubation committee to support you with organisation, finances, accounting, legal, marketing, design, art and project management
- Reach out to INVIGA for more information
The Antwerp based fund was founded by Frenchman Edouard Miffre and Belgian Patrick Gigase, and aims to make investments across the European video games industry, primarily in Belgium, France, the Netherlands and Germany. It aims to reach € 80 million in assets under management by 2023 and has already announced a minimum of five investments for more than € 10 million, including 3 in Belgium and 2 in France.
INVIGA’s objective is to take minority stakes in the capital of European video game companies with strong growth potential. Interested parties should showcase a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a clear business plan and tremendous understanding of the current market’s stake. Investments aren’t limited to video game developers, as they’re also interested in esports or video games based services and/or technologies. The whole investment process, from selection through exit scenarios is clearly outlined on their website.
INVIGA hopes to close the first deals, with already identified parties, in April 2022, but are constantly looking for new investor and investment opportunities. Don’t hesitate to reach out to them if either of those options are of interest.