If you already are an adept user of our event calendar, you’ve probably seen that there are some interesting events and submission deadlines ahead. For those who don’t (Calendar Man says you’re doing it wrong!), here’s a quick look at what the games industry has in store for you in the coming months.
- If you haven’t got any weekend plans yet and you happen to be in the Zurich area (or own a private jet and don’t care about the planet), you might swing by Ludicious. They’ve got a ridiculous amount of speakers, ranging from Richard Lemarchand over Rami Ismail to Robin Hunicke and Anita Sarkeesian.
- A little closer to home there’s two Belgian gamedev meetups next week. As always, the first Monday of the month (February 4 in this case) you’re welcome at BROTARU in Brussels, but on February 8 there’s also a meetup in Mons.
- If you prefer your gamedev meetups in Dutch, you can head over to Dutch Courage Monthly in Utrecht on February 6.
- If you’ve still got some juice left in you after what’s sure to be another draining GDC (or if you’re not going to GDC), you might want to consider visiting PAX East from March 28 – 31 in Boston.
- Another game conference that’s growing in popularity is Reboot Develop BLUE, taking place in gorgeous Dubrovnik in Croatia from April 11-13. #FlemishGamesIndustry founding father Swen Vincke will take the stage, but it’s unkown whether he will bring his dog or not. Should you head over, you can also take a shot at winning an Indie Award.
Last but not least: another round of important submission deadlines coming up!
- February 4 (that’s Monday) is the final day to enter the A.MAZE awards, being awarded during A.MAZE festival on April 12.
- February 19 is the deadline for the next VAF call. VAF has recently put up new do’s and don’ts (link in Dutch), so check that out.
- February 27 is the deadline for Creative Media Europe support.
If you want to help shape the calendar and add an event of your own, please mail us the event name, a short description, date, time and location and we’ll put it up on the board.
Adding events to your calendar is super easy. Simply hover over the event and click on “See more details” to add a specific event to your Google Calendar. Love us so much that you want to subscribe to the entire calendar? Then copy this ICAL link into your scheduling application of choice (Outlook, Apple Calendar, Google Calendar…).