Here’s the thing with free stuff: it’s gone before you know it. It’s no big surprise then registrations for the BelgianGamesCafe at GameForce rolled in quicker than you could utter the words free drinks. We’re looking forward to see many of you on Saturday for what’s sure to be a very cosy network drink.
For those of you that lingered a bit too long for their own good, there’s still plenty of reasons to pay the biggest game fair in Belgium a visit. If you’re looking to discover the latest games or enjoy some high level esports action, you definitely need to swing by the Nekkerhal in Mechelen this weekend.
For Belgian game developers it’s also the place to be to connect with a local audience. You can look forward to the following Belgian game companies strutting their stuff this year.
- Team Panoptes is bringing the latest version of their asymmetrical VR game Panoptic to the show. Bring a friend (or strike up a total stranger) for a thrilling session of cat-and-mouse.
- Prepare to be fully immersed with Hubris VR from Cyborn. The demo of their narrative science fiction adventure is seriously impressive and not to be missed.
- If narrative games are your jam, you should also make a stop at like Charlie and find out what their newest game Ghost on the Shore is all about.
- Pajama Llama Games is back at GameForce to test the waters after releasing their debut title Flotsam in early access just last week.
- Primarily known for their realistic drone simulation Liftoff, LuGus Studios is doing something completely different with Midnight Protocol. Channel your inner hacker and prepare for a deep dive down the rabbit hole.
- Going hangry? Eat some people! Before you bury your teeth in the belly of another visitor, check out Cannibal Cuisine, the latest party game by Rocket Vulture.
- Robots can’t starve to death and that’s a problem because in Rise of Humanity, you’ll need to survive in a world that’s dominated by them. It’s the first time the new Cybernetic Walrus game will be playable so check it out if you’re a fan of turn-based strategy and deck building.
- Last but not least: you get three games for the price of one over at the Cronos Interactive booth. Battle it out in style in Hoverloop, explore the ancient underworld in VR with Journey for Elysium, and get a whiff of nineties nostalgia playing Trifox.
A nice mix of first timers and seasoned veterans, just as we like it. Go and check out these games as they are all pretty cool. It also gives you a chance to talk to the developers, who will be hoarding feedback to verify they’re on the right path. Hope to see you there!
BelgianGamesCafe at GameForce wouldn’t be possible without the valued support of GameForce, VAF/GAME, WALGA and screen.brussels. Also thanks to Brotaru for skipping their October event and join in the fun.