We’re here! It’s finally GDC time and we’re happy to see that our first Mission San Francisco has garnered a lot of enthusiasm. Even though we’re only at the start of an exciting week of inspirational talks, new technologies and intensive networking, we can already consider this mission a big success.
Here’s a quick overview of the companies that have joined us:
- Crazy Monkey Studios are showcasing their latest game Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 at the Xbox booth.
- PreviewLabs will, among other things, show off their expertise with Microsoft HoloLens to potential clients.
- Triangle Factory make games, apps and VR experiences for current and future platforms.
- Howest – DAE is a unique bachelor program in Europe that combines artistic and technical skills.
- The House of Indie is an indie game collective looking to help starting indie devs avoid the pitfalls of an early career through international mentorship. They recently hosted the succesful indie game festival Screenshake 2017 in Antwerp.
- Sileni Studios are working on their fourth game now and are best known for Mayan Death Robots.
- Pajama Llama Games are slaving away on Flotsam, a survival simulator set in a flooded world.
- I-Illusions managed to get an Honorable Mention for Excellence in Design at the IGF Awards for their VR shooter Space Pirate Trainer.
- Apocalypse Hunters developed a unique technological platform for location based mobile games.
- Bob De Schutter is giving a talk on VR games for an older audience. He’s also working on Brukel.
- Guillaume Bouckaert is the sole developer on endless platformer sU and the Quest for Meaning.
- Team Panoptes, who are working on asymmetrical VR experience Panoptic, will be part of the Experimental Gameplay Workshop.
All these companies will get a chance to pitch their project during the #BelgianGamesMixer, organised by Flanders DC, FIT, AWEX, FLEGA and WALGA.