The new VAF|GAME commissions had their work cut out for them but they gracefully completed their first mission. The brand new marketing commission also greenlit some projects in its debut performance, resulting in no less than 15 projects getting support in this first call of 2021. It’s good to see that even in these challenging times there’s still so many new and promising local video games in development.
Without further ado, let’s take a closer look at the projects that managed to convince the commission members this time.
- With Ghost on the Shore nearing completion, like Charlie is developing their next story Cherry (entertainment game), for which they received € 48 500.
- Newcomer AlterEyes gets € 37 500 for Defenders of Smurfs’ Village (entertainment game), a VR tower defense title featuring one of Belgium’s most treasured IP’s.
- Receiving € 67 519, the VR horror experience ComaChronic (entertainment game) by Polygoat is the first succesful application rolling out of the innovation atelier track.
- Dynamic Dimensions gets € 66 006 for De Vrije Hand (serious game).
- LuGus Studios gets € 45 000 for Woodworks VR (educational game).
- Ysvogel (serious game) by Possibly Pixels is getting € 44 250
- Rocket Vulture receives € 67 000 for Small Town Adventures (entertainment game), a nostalgic throwback to simpler times.
- New kids on the block Media Makers receive € 28 700 for brewing up an experiment in Alchemize (entertainment game)
- MoonMonster Studios are getting € 35 000 for Space Control (entertainment game), a VR comedy about interstellar border control.
- Tamed (entertainment game) by eXiin is getting € 75 000 to keep telling stories in the magical world of Valdi.
- In order to keep releasing content updates for their small puzzle game with a big heart Sizeable (entertainment game), Business Goose Studios is getting € 15 000.
- Studio Waterzooi is getting € 46 000 to wrap up and release his puzzle adventure about abstract art Please, Touch The Artwork (artistic game).
- Salty Lemon Entertainment gets € 50 000 to convince people indoor rowing can be fun with EXR: Rowing (serious game).
- To reach more people while they keep making more content for Sizeable (entertainment game), Business Goose is also getting € 10 000 of promotion support.
- CREATE Multimedia receives € 48 900 to promote the release of Silver (serious game), a game that helps young people build mental resilience.
Not too shabby for a first haul, we think! If you didn’t manage to secure funding, there’s no need to despair. There are still two more funding rounds this year. The next submission call deadline is 15th June, so get cracking!